Happy 174th !! You might not know it, but Yale is one of the oldest, original manufacturers of lift trucks in the world, having been in the business of lifting for over 137 years! As in common with adaptive manufacturers, the company was first started as a lock manufacturer by Linus Yale Jr. in 1844. Yale produced its first forklift truck in the 1920s under the name Yale & Towne Manufacturing. Pictured is the oldest surviving forklift – fittingly, a 1926 Yale.
We believe Yale has an unrivalled heritage in the design and manufacture of a wide range of materials handling equipment, from specialty warehouse equipment to traditional counterbalanced forklift truck models, powered by electric, diesel, LPG, CNG and now hydrogen fuel cells
We share their unwavering commitment to quality, and appreciate that they don’t rest on our laurels with research and development to ensure they remain leaders in the industry.
Like Yale, we know that materials handling equipment is not your business, but a means to an end ; to help you run your business more efficiently and profitably, and to help operators remain both comfortable and safe
Here are three of our favourite Yale Forklifts, that we have available right now.
Yale GDP155 7 tonne diesel – where steel, heavy machinery and fabricated metal are moved, and various attachment usage is required
The GP135-155VX series offers excellent hourly cost and is meant to lower your cost of acquisition without compromising performance. Its ergonomic advances keep your operators safe and ward off fatigue with innovative features like an optional swivel seat and a rear drive handle with an integrated horn button. The Auto Deceleration System reduces brake pedal usage, saving both operator leg fatigue and enhancing brake life.
The GP135-155VX series provides materials handling solutions in a variety of heavy duty applications. The truck features reliable components such as sealed connectors that allow the truck to be pressure washed and O-ring face seals that eliminate pipe fittings, creating leak-free joints.
It also features multiple powertrain configurations that provide improved efficiency, while enhancing reliability and superior serviceability to reduce your operating costs.
Patented Techtronix 332 transmission provides breakthrough features that include the Auto Deceleration System, controlled rollback on ramps and controlled power reversals to move loads more efficiently with less operator fatigue and product damage.
Exceptional travel and lift speeds meet the demands of tough applications where steel, heavy machinery and fabricated metal are moved and various attachment usage is required.
The Yale heavy duty GP300-360EC – tough lift trucks designed for heavy duty operating conditions – paper and forest products, metals, produce, and concrete.
The trucks are engineered for ease of serviceability and outstanding ergonomics which enhance operator productivity and reduce downtime for customers’ applications. Over 50 years of heritage building capable trucks is brought to bear in the GP300-360EC series.
Yale GP300-360EC series trucks feature a capable Cummins QSB 6.7L diesel engine equipped with exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), and a variable geometry turbocharger. The engine is mated to a ZF WG 161 3-speed powershift transmission.
EPA Tier 4 Final compliant innovative technology featuring a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system using Urea (also Diesel Exhaust Fluid), a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and a dosing module for Urea injection.
Routine maintenance is a breeze with the side tilting ComforCab II™. Ease of serviceability remains a key characteristic of GP300-360EC series with dual gull wings that provide seamless access for daily checks and easy maintenance. The powered cab tilt feature provides access to major components in seconds.
On-demand cooling featuring four separate cooling cores (engine, transmission, charge air cooler, and hydraulic system). The cores are stacked horizontally and individually replaceable. The integrated hydraulic oil cooler maintains normal system operating temperatures at high ambient temperatures.
On-demand hydraulics with advanced variable displacement pump (VDP) technology facilitates industry leading low fuel consumption without sacrificing lifting capability.
Greaseable load rollers on the mast provide durability and long life in the heaviest duty operating conditions.
Get more for less with competitive industry 4-mode speeds and outstanding travel speeds. Front end options designed to enable true rated capacity for various carriages for maximum productivity.
Designed for versatility in multiple applications with attachments used for paper roll clamps, pipe clamps, tire handlers, and steel coil rams in multiple industry segments.
The MX series not only gives you the freedom to choose what you need, but the perfect combination of versatility and performance to get the job done. Whether indoors or outdoors – from manufacturing to retail to distribution, the MX offers what you need to thrive.
- Boost performance, increase productivity and meet application deadlines with the Yale® MX.
- Designed with ultimate productivity in mind
- 2017 Plant Engineering Product of the Year finalist
- Yale® Flex Performance Technology™ offers flexibility to maximize fuel economy or productivity to match application needs.
- Integral side shifting fork positioner (optional) enables faster fork width adjustment.
- Foot directional control pedal (optional) permits hands free directional control.
- Spirited acceleration, travel speeds and mast lift/lowering help enhance productivity.
- Proven dependability means more uptime
- PSI engine available in LPG or dual fuel is designed for industrial applications and maximum reliability, while minimizing periodic maintenance requirements.
- Generous use of sealed connectors and hydraulic fittings lessen the chance of leaks, while canted load rollers provide mast stability and eliminate the need for periodic shimming.
- Maintenance free Continuous Stability System (CSS™) allows more steer axle articulation over uneven surfaces while minimizing truck lean to enhance lateral stability.
- Robust powertrain components are designed for long life.
- Ergonomically designed for comfort and simplicity
- Hi-Vis™2 mast and bar-on-edge overhead guard design offer enhanced visibility.
- Rear drive handle with horn button (optional) provides excellent hand hold for reverse driving and ready access to auxiliary horn button.
- Adjustable armrest that accompanies Accutouch e-hydraulic configuration offers mini-levers for low-effort fingertip control of horn and hydraulic functions.
With thanks to Yale.