Forklift Finder Services appreciate that not all forklifts are created equal! It is important to examine all the facets of your daily operations or specific project to generate a needs analysis. Armed with solid, real information you can then start to review the product lines offered by leading manufacturers and their range of new, used and refurbished make and model vehicles. Your industry will predetermine if a standard forklift is applicable as in warehousing and freight transportation. Or in fact, if daily operations need a heavy-duty all-terrain vehicle for shipping, construction or mining purposes. Here is a quick overview of forklifts by category and operational purpose.
- All terrain forklifts a general-purpose vehicle suitable for rough conditions, limited access, wet areas, uneven slopes.
- Telescopic forklifts – an excellent model for moving goods or materials upwards to varying degrees of height and weight capacity. Especially applicable for operations within a small yard that requires tight manoeuvres.
- Container handlers – these heavy-duty trucks are the workhorses of any shipping and transportation operations offering diverse material handling and reliability for intense daily use.
- Heavy lift forklifts – Industrial strength trucks used to lift and move 50 tonnes of material within a short distance.
- Warehouse forklifts – Time saving vehicles used in distribution centres and commercial warehouses.
Weight Given that the entire purpose of a forklift involves lifting and moving goods, one of the most important factors to consider is weight. For example, what works for moving pallets of goods would not work for lifting heavy containers.
- Need supplies handled at a mining area or construction site? An all-terrain forklift can tread the uneven ground just fine.
- Moving around product in a warehouse or storage facility? A warehouse forklift is your best friend.
- Need to carry shipping containers from a freighter at the docks? A container handler would be your best bet.
Environment , Power and Noise Issues Knowing the type of environment you’re working in can help you decide which particular type of forklift is required for the job. However, it should not be the only deciding factor. The type of power utilised by a forklift should also be something to think about when choosing one for your project.
- Electric forklifts, while more expensive and lacking the sheer lifting power of a gas or diesel forklift, are easily recharged and can operate relatively quietly. This makes perfect choice for an indoor or otherwise confined operation.
- Gas and diesel forklifts, conversely, are cheaper and capable of lifting much heavier loads, but the level of noise makes them better suited for open areas such as construction sites.
Talk to the team at Forklift Finder Services to assess a rent versus buy option. We can save you money and time by accessing our expertise and reviewing our online inventory. If you know what you want in a forklift or industrial heavy lift truck and you don’t see it in online inventory then by all means call us on 0414 746 181 and we will use our Australasian network to get it to your workplace cheaper and faster than direct retail