Forklift Finder Services appreciate that not all forklifts are created equal! It is important to examine all the facets of your daily operations or specific project to generate a needs analysis. Armed with solid, real information can you then start to review the product lines offered by leading manufacturers and their range of new, used and refurbished make and model vehicles. Your industry will predetermine if a standard forklift is applicable as in warehousing and freight transportation. Or in fact, if daily operations need a heavy-duty all-terrain vehicle for shipping, construction or mining purposes. Here is a quick overview of forklifts by category and operational purpose.
All terrain forklifts – a general-purpose vehicle suitable for rough conditions, limited access, wet areas, uneven slopes.
Telescopic forklifts – an excellent model for moving goods or materials upwards to varying degrees of height and weight capacity. Especially applicable for operations within a small yard that requires tight maneuvers.
Container handlers – these heavy-duty trucks are the workhorses of any shipping and transportation operations offering diverse material handling and reliability for intense daily use.
Heavy lift forklifts – Industrial strength trucks used to lift and move 50 tonnes of material within a short distance.
Warehouse forklifts – Time saving vehicles used in distribution centres and commercial warehouses. Given that the entire purpose of a forklift involves lifting and moving
goods, one of the most important factors to consider is weight. For example, what works for moving pallets of goods would not work for lifting heavy containers.
* Need supplies handled at a mining area or construction site?
An all-terrain forklift can tread the uneven ground just fine.
* Moving around product in a warehouse or storage facility?
A warehouse forklift can handle that nicely.
* Need to carry shipping containers from a freighter at the docks?
A container handler would be your best bet.
Knowing the type of environment you’re working in can help you decide which particular type of forklift is required for the job. However, it should not be the only deciding factor. The type of power utilised by a forklift should also be something to think about when choosing one for your project.
Electric forklifts, while more expensive and lacking the sheer lifting power of a gas or diesel forklift, are easily recharged and can operate relatively quietly. This makes perfect choice for an indoor or otherwise confined operation.
Gas and diesel forklifts, conversely, are cheaper and capable of lifting
much heavier loads, but the level of noise makes them better suited for open areas such as construction sites.
Talk to the team at Forklift Finder Services to assess a rent versus buy option. We can save you money and time by accessing our expertise and reviewing our online inventory. If you know what you want in a forklift or industrial heavy lift truck and you don’t see it in online inventory then by all means call us and we will use our Australasia network to get it to your workplace cheaper and faster than direct retail.
If you work in an industry that requires the moving of heavy materials or equipment, then you probably know firsthand the value that a functioning forklift offers. Forklifts have a clear application in a variety of workplaces across Australia’s diverse mix of industries – commercial, industrial, mining, agriculture, freight transportation and warehousing.
At Forklift Finder Services, we specialise in sourcing forklifts for hire, plus we sell new and quality used forklift machinery from leading manufacturers like Komatsu, Toyota and Caterpillar. We help clients determine which product is best suited to the job and offer advice on renting, buying new or purchasing a pre-owned forklift.
With our experience and know-how we offer a few tips here on the reasons why you might consider renting versus buying a new or refurbished forklift.
12 Reasons To Rent A Forklift
1. You have the opportunity to rent before buying a vehicle to assess its suitability to your requirements.
2. Manufacturers produce forklifts tailored to specific industries and all-purpose models too. So it can be prudent to rent forklifts to get feedback from your team as to which manufacturer, make and model is preferred.
3. The flexibility of short or long hire gives a business options.
4. Renting doesn’t require large cash outlays. If your Return-on-Investment calculations are not favorable then renting is a perfect alternative.
5. Tax treatment – renting is an operating cost rather than an asset purchase
6. Use it and return it – no worries about where to house the forklift in-between jobs or outlay annual vehicle insurance fees.
7. No maintenance costs, as this is the responsibility of the hiring party.
8. You can focus on specific projects in context to operator training and OHS compliance.
9. Time saving easy ordering and return process.
10. Keep your business operating when your owned vehicle is out for repair.
11. No hassles. Quick phone call away for dedicated customer care when you need help.
When it makes sense to buy a new or quality used forklift If your operation is considering a forklift capital asset purchase then we encourage you to talk with the team at Forklift Finder Service to discuss your specific workplace environment. We can guarantee that there is a new or used forklift with suitable functionality for any Warehouse, small yard to Heavy duty Rough terrain.
5 reasons to buy a Forklift
1. Staff productivity will increase as a result of using forklift vehicles to move stock.
2. Workplace safety is optimised as forklifts do the heavy lifting.
3. Warehouse space can be fully utilised with a combination or racking, stacking and forklift operations.
4. Your primary line of business calls for forklift vehicles as an asset supporting your daily operations from mining to rail transportation.
5. The capital outlay for a new or used forklift has a proven Return-on-Investment.
You need not waste time guessing which forklift is best for your business. We can quickly help with the business effort of calculating your best approach to rent versus buying a forklift. Reach your decision with the knowledge that you have the best product at the right price. Contact us today to discuss your options.
After 35 years of experience in materials handling and forklifts, we have assisted good warehouse managers to reduce costs and increase storage space.
1. INCREASE STORAGE SPACE by choosing the right forklift . If you choose a narrow aisle forklift you can increase your storage space by utilising air space. It comes back to selecting the right equipment for your application . You can also reduce damage with good warehouse design and use of bollards and guardrails, this protects your products and your workers. Choosing the right forklift for your application is paramount, and then make sure you follow up with good training.
2. REDUCE CAPITAL OUTLAY by renting a good unit, when the need changes, hand it back and change it over for a different machine. No servicing worries – ever
3. HIGH DEMAND ITEMS – EASIEST TO REACH This is second nature, you want your staff to quickly, accurately and safely fill orders. Your most active items should be in the most efficient and easy-to-reach position, and your less popular items should be out of the way. If you have multiple exit and entry doors, you could even assign certain products to a certain door for more efficiency.
4. REDUCE YOUR POWER BILL. The two biggest cost centres are lighting and temperature control. Reducing the electricity bill is crucial but it is also one of the easier strategies to implement. Intelligent layout will help you with both.
5. USE NATURAL OR FLUORESCENT LIGHTING. Many warehouses are still using metal halide lamps. Installing fluorescent lights can save up to 80 per cent. Natural diffused light has benefits beyond saving on your power bill, as it creates less shadows and lifts worker performance.
6. TEMPERATURE CONTROL. Simply changing your thermostat’s position in the warehouse or changing the temperature by a degree can create huge savings for your business. Australian Standards recommend 20-26°C. If you are outside this range you could be wasting money. Insulating doors, windows, walls and ceilings can create considerable savings. When a door is open your warehouses interior can heat up. Using rapid and high-speed doors or an air curtain can reduce up to 80 per cent of energy loss.
If you NEED A FORKLIFT RIGHT NOW, we have OVER THE PHONE, 2 hour approval COMMERCIAL EXPRESS FINANCE AVAILABLE … If you’ve been in business for 2 years, an ABN holder, and you’re registered for GST, you can have a new or used forklift RIGHT NOW.
Call 0414 746 181 anytime to find out more about instant finance on our huge range of new and used forklifts and container handlers. Conditions – maximum $150,000 on units up to 3 years old.